*COVID-19 UPDATE for IN-PERSON PARTIES AND EVENTS*
1) Indoor parties- If all adults are not fully vaccinated, we ask that indoor parties have less than 15 people (children & adults total) in attendance with social distancing between the guests and characters. If all adults are fully vaccinated, then there is no limit on number of guests and characters will not need to be distanced.
2) If the birthday child or anyone who lives in the household with the birthday child has a fever or has been sick, please reschedule the party.
3) We encourage all parties to take place outdoors in a shaded area. Outdoor parties should have no more than 20 total in attendance (this includes adults, children, the birthday child, and the birthday family) if all adults are not fully vaccinated. If all adults are fully vaccinated, there is no limit on number of guests. (Parties must be indoors when temperatures reach 90 or higher. Please allow indoor space for our characters if they need to move inside.)
4) Characters are available for hugs for those children who live in fully vaccinated households and are comfortable with physical contact. Please inform us if you are not comfortable with your child giving hugs during the party.
5) All items, costumes, wigs, etc. are fully sanitized after each party.
6) Social distancing is encouraged for larger indoor parties with more than 10 (children & adults) guests if all adults are not fully vaccinated.
7) We ask whoever is booking the party to please relay these protocols to your guests. By paying the deposit, you agree to follow our guidelines.
8) Please see our other FAQs below.
*If you have any questions about our procedures or policies, please email us at
Q- Why should I choose Curiouser Entertainment over the competition?
A- Curiouser Entertainment is focused on encouraging imagination and creativity in everyone! We only employ professionally trained, experienced actors & singers to provide you with the highest quality service at every event, performance, and party! It is also a part of Curiouser's mission to volunteer and give back to the community as well and to provide employment opportunities for all! You will get the best of the best with us as well as plenty of heart and imagination!
Q- Are your characters appropriate for all ages?
A- Yes! Most of our parties are typically geared towards ages 4-7 (with the exception of our Curiosity Lab Party), but our characters are available and able to service all kinds of community events or special occasions. Our characters will entertain at parties, festivals, restaurants, parks, business openings, corporate events, & more! We also LOVE to volunteer!
Q- Do you require a deposit?
A- We require a $50 non-refundable deposit at the time of booking to hold your date!
Q- Is Curiouser Entertainment available to volunteer time & services to charities?
A- It is a part of our mission to volunteer and give back to the community! For inquiries about using us for a charitable cause please email us at
Q- What time should I arrange for the character(s) to arrive?
A- We suggest booking our characters to arrive 30 minutes after your party's start time to ensure that your guests have plenty of time to arrive and don't miss any of the magic!
Q- Should I tip the characters?
A- Our performers are all professional and will always strive to provide the best party experience! While tipping is not required, we do appreciate it and will gladly accept the tip! We just ask that this is done away from children & guests!
Q- Why are your parties priced the way they are?
A- The price of each party covers the cost of actor pay, costume & wig cleaning/repairs, costume & wig upgrades, party materials, makeup, mileage, & more!
Q- Can I reschedule or cancel my party?
A- We understand that unforeseen emergencies and poor weather can happen, so we will gladly do our best to work with you to reschedule a party. If you need to cancel before the final invoice is paid you will lose your deposit. We can not make refunds once the full payment is made.
Q- Can I still book a character party if the event is not at my house?
A- Yes! Our entertainers love to perform everywhere, so if you have a party or event booked at another venue we are more than happy to appear there! If your party is booked at a children's party facility we just ask that you let that facility know that we will be there so arrangements can be made if necessary. We recommend using OutSlide In located in the Citadel Mall!
Q- Do we have to follow every activity you have planned?
A- We understand that you may want to work with a party planner, have your own plan, or have your party booked at a facility that offers specific activities. Be sure to let us know ahead of time if you would like us to follow another plan or work with a facility or planner!
Q- Are your characters licensed or copyrighted characters?
A- No. Curiouser Entertainment does not offer any licensed or copyrighted characters. All characters are generic versions and are based on original stories, fairytales, and fables! We are professional actors and vocal entertainers only!
Q- I have pets, can I leave them out for our party?
A- Although we adore pets, we do ask that they be put up if they typically jump or are aggressive. We ask this for the safety of our actors and also to protect our costumes from rips and tears.
Q- When the performers arrive can I leave my kids with them?
A- We require parents to stay nearby and continue to supervise their children while we are in attendance. Our performers will come completely prepared with a minute by minute schedule of activities and although we want every child to be involved, there might be a child who is too young or shy and will be more comfortable with their parent or guardian around. We are experts at keeping multiple children interested and occupied, but things like spills and tantrums do happen, so having parents around to be there for their children is very helpful for us to maintain the flow of the party! (NOTE: We can not change diapers or serve food or drinks).
Q- What do I do when you arrive and leave our party?
A- We typically try to park as far from the location as possible, but we do ask that you try to keep your child from watching us get in or out of our cars. This is to maintain the magic!
Q- Do you leave time for pictures at birthday parties?
A- Yes! We save the last 10-15 minutes for posed photos! We encourage parents to wait to take posed photos until this time to help maintain the flow of the party! Please feel free to take photos and videos of the action until that time!
Q- Can I have my child's party outside?
A- (Due to COVID-19, we are currently encouraging all parties to take place outside). For the safety of our performers, we ask that parties be indoors when temperatures go above 85 degrees. Our performers are wearing wigs and layered costumes which can cause overheating when mixed with heat. We also request outdoor parties provide a shaded area. (This does not include mermaid parties)
Q- Can I change the time of the party last minute?
A- We typically go from party to party on Saturdays and Sundays, so last-minute time or character adjustments may not be possible. If you need to change the time or character please let us know ASAP and we will do our best to accommodate. It may be difficult to get in touch with us the day of, please make sure everything is finalized and any questions are asked when the final invoice is paid 48 hours before the party.
Q- Can I work as a character performer for Curiouser Entertainment?
A- We only hire performers with professional theater experience! If you have theatrical experience, please send your headshot, acting resume, and brief video of yourself singing or performing a monologue to