*COVID-19 UPDATE for IN-PERSON PARTIES AND EVENTS*
All in-person parties except for our Social Distance Visits are currently on hiatus until September 1st Please e-mail us with any questions
(We also have several virtual options available- see "Packages")
1) In-person indoor parties must temporarily have less than 8 people in attendance (this is a total of all children and all adults). If you are planning a larger party, we recommend having the character attend at the beginning with limited guests or just the children, then having the rest of the guests arrive when the character leaves.
2) All children and characters will sanitize their hands at the beginning of the party and after each activity. The performers will bring hand sanitizer with them.
3) Temperatures must be taken 24 hours before the party by everyone who will be attending. All performers will have their temperatures taken as well.
4) Guests with a fever must remain home.
5) If the birthday child or anyone who lives in the household with the birthday child has a fever or has been sick, please either reschedule the party or change the party to a virtual party.
6) We encourage parties to take place outdoors in a shaded area. (We encourage parties be scheduled before noon or after 4, though this is not required). Outdoor parties should have no more than 12 total in attendance (this includes adults, children, the birthday child, and the birthday family).
7) Parents, please help encourage the children to remain at a distance. The characters will teach the children a new "princess hug," "superhero hug," or "fairy hug" that they can do at a distance and we ask parents to help encourage the children to hug this way.
8) We always wash costumes after every party and event and we will continue to do so.
9) We will not be collecting any items used during the party (markers, extra craft materials, etc.). All items used at the party with be purchased for each party (we will not be reusing items).
10) We encourage everyone 3 and up to wear face masks while the characters are in attendance or to be sure to remain over 6 feet away, separate from the characters.
11) Please see our other FAQs below.
If these guideline are not met, our performers have been instructed to leave and no refund will be given.
*If you have any questions about our procedures or policies, please email us at
Q- Why should I choose Curiouser Entertainment over the competition?
A- Curiouser Entertainment is focused on encouraging imagination and creativity in everyone! We only employ professionally trained, experienced actors & singers to provide you with the highest quality service at every event, performance, and party! It is also a part of Curiouser's mission to volunteer and give back to the community as well as to provide employment opportunities for all! You will get the best of the best with us as well as plenty of heart and imagination!
Q- Are your characters appropriate for all ages?
A- Yes! Most of our parties are typically geared towards ages 3-7 (with the exception of our Curiosity Lab Party), but our characters are available and able to service all kinds of community events or special occasions. Our characters will entertain at parties, festivals, restaurants, parks, business openings, corporate events, & more! We also LOVE to volunteer!
Q- Do you require a deposit?
A- We require a $50 non-refundable deposit at the time of booking to hold your date!
Q- Is Curiouser Entertainment available to volunteer time & services to charities?
A- It is a part of our mission to volunteer and give back to the community! For inquiries about using us for a charitable cause please email us at
Q- What time should I arrange for the character(s) to arrive?
A- We suggest booking our characters to arrive 30 minutes after your party's start time to ensure that your guests have plenty of time to arrive and don't miss any of the magic!
Q- Should I tip the characters?
A- Our performers are all professional and will always strive to provide the best party experience! While tipping is not required, we do appreciate it and will gladly accept the tip! We just ask that this is done away from children & guests!
Q- Why are your parties priced the way they are?
A- The price of each party covers the cost of actor pay, costume & wig cleaning, costume & wig upgrades, party materials, makeup, mileage, & more!
Q- Can I reschedule or cancel my party?
A- We understand that unforeseen emergencies and poor weather can happen so we will gladly do our best to work with you to reschedule a party. If you need to cancel before the final invoice is paid you will lose your deposit. We can not make refunds once the full payment is made.
Q- Can I still book a character party if the event is not at my house?
A- Yes! Our entertainers love to perform everywhere, so if you have a party or event booked at another venue we are more than happy to appear there! If your party is booked at a children's party facility we just ask that you let that facility know that we will be there so arrangements can be made if necessary. We recommend using OutSlide In located in the Citadel Mall!
Q- Do we have to follow every activity you have planned?
A- We understand that you may want to work with a party planner, have your own plan, or have your party booked at a facility that offers specific activities. Be sure to let us know ahead of time if you would like us to follow another plan or work with a facility or planner!
Q- Are your characters licensed or copyrighted characters?
A- No. Curiouser Entertainment does not offer any licensed or copyrighted characters. All characters are generic versions and are based on original stories, fairytales, and fables! We are professional actors and vocal entertainers only!
Q- I have pets, can I leave them out for our party?
A- Although we adore pets, we do ask that they be put up if they typically jump or are aggressive. We ask this for the safety of our actors and also to protect our costumes from tears.
Q- When the performers arrive can I leave my kids with them?
A- We do ask that parents remain nearby and continue to supervise their children. Our performers will come completely prepared with a minute by minute schedule of activities and although we want every child to be involved, there might be a child who is too young or shy and will be more comfortable with their parent or guardian around. We are experts at keeping multiple children interested and occupied, but things like spills and tantrums do happen, so having parents around to be there for their children is very helpful for us to maintain the flow of the party! (NOTE: We can not change diapers or serve food or drinks).
Q- Can I schedule a 30-minute surprise visit for my child's party instead of the full hour package?
A- Our 30-minute surprise package option is specifically for children on their actual birthday or for a special occasion. We designed the package for one-on-one time between the child and the character with room to add siblings if needed. We have discovered that a half hour is not enough time to do activities and enjoy the full experience with more than three or four children. Of course, we are always willing to work with what you need! Let us know how we can help!
Q- What do I do when you arrive and leave our party?
A- We typically try to park as far from the location as possible, but we do ask that you try to keep your child from watching us get in or out of our cars. This is to maintain the magic!
Q- Do you leave time for pictures at birthday parties?
A- Yes! We save the last 10-15 minutes for posed photos! We encourage parents to wait to take posed photos until this time to help maintain the flow of the party! Please feel free to take photos and videos of the action until that time!
Q- Can I have my child's party outside?
A- For the safety of our performers, we ask that parties be indoors when temperatures go above 85 degrees. Our performers are wearing wigs and layered costumes which can cause overheating when mixed with heat. We also request outdoor parties provide a shaded area. (This does not include mermaid parties)
Q- Can I change the time of the party last minute?
A- We typically go from party to party on Saturdays and Sundays, so last-minute time or character adjustments may not be possible. If you need to change the time or character please let us know ASAP and we will do our best to accommodate. It may be difficult to get in touch with us the day of, please make sure everything is finalized and any questions are asked when the final invoice is paid 48 hours before the party.
Q- Can I work as a character performer for Curiouser Entertainment?
A- We only hire performers with professional theater experience! If you have theatrical experience, please send your headshot, acting resume, cover letter, and brief video of yourself singing or performing a monologue to